Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things Men Have Told Me About Myself

"You're really good at this pageant stuff."  -Dad
This was in 2006 after my last Miss Nevada competition.  It was the only pageant my dad attended in the 7 years I competed, because...

"I don't need some panel of judges to tell me you're great."  -Dad

"You don't have a gypsy soul."  -Michael, the window washer
Every week he comes to clean the windows at work and we talk.  This comment came after I mentioned that my younger sister is more brave than I am.  He's dead-on.

"That ass is unforgettable."  -Name Withheld
This is a text I got eight months after the fact.  Not that you wanted to know, but it's good for my ego.

"The only time you ever nagged me is when I put too much butter and sour cream on my baked potatoes."  -The Ex
Seven years together.  Broke up two years ago.  I'd say this is quite a compliment.

"You have always loved Train.  I remember the first time you heard 'Meet Virginia.'  You told me there was this awesome song on the radio that I had to hear."  -Eric, my brother
It's true.  I love Train.

"Even though we haven't always been in contact, I have always considered you one of my dearest friends."  -Justin from high school
This made me choke up a little.  Not gonna lie.

"When I think about high school, a lot of my happiest memories are with you."  -Robert
Another fantastic friend who will always have a special place in my heart.

"You are a Spartan!!!"  -Kevin, my personal trainer
I woke up at 5:30 am every morning for a year and was proud to be lifting heavier weights - with more ease - than many of the men in the gym.

"You spoil me the most out of everybody."  -Michael, my brother 18 years younger than me
This kid has five older brothers and five older sisters.

"Don't change.  I've always liked that about you.  Unless you're talking about boys.  In that case you should always be mean to boys."  -Kendall, my college rommate's husband
This was a comment he left on a facebook status in which I declared I would no longer be too nice.

"You're ridiculous!"  -Jesse, my cousin
This is the typical response from him whenever I say I'm cold.

 "I can tell you race this little thing around."  -the guy at Meineke
This was after my most recent oil change.

"You have a great smile.  If I was twenty years younger, I'd ask you out."  -elderly man
Aw!  He would still be old enough to be my father if he were 20 years younger, but it's still cute whenever an older gentleman says this to me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a man but I would add that you are just plain wonderful. Love you lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete